Discover the world of energy at one of the biggest dams in Europe!
The history and landscape of Provence have been transformed by the construction of this gigantic dam and the 250 km of canals which today irrigate the region. How? 'Or' What ? Find out by visiting the Maison de l'Eau et des Energies, a vast playful, interactive and educational information space. A free and unique site to visit at the foot of one of the largest dams in Europe! At the heart of a large EDF industrial site, to learn all about hydroelectricity and renewable energies.
Operation of power plants, energy professions or water uses ... So many subjects to discover through fun modules, archive photos, film projections, etc.
4 visit experiences are offered:
• The 200 m² exhibition space where interactive modules, touch screens and videos tell the story of the epic of energies. Relive the construction of the Durance dam and canal. Educational visit suitable for all audiences.
• An outdoor route to observe local biodiversity and the surrounding landscapes. Signs punctuate your walk in this exceptional natural setting.
• The belvedere, a space specially designed to offer one of the most beautiful views of the dam and the lake.
• The visit of the engine room of the underground power station to discover behind the scenes of the operation of this electric cathedral! Prior reservation required.
To visit the Serre-Ponçon power station:
Please note, the power plant is an industrial site, the visit is subject to access conditions without possible exemption:
- Prior compulsory registration by phone (04 92 54 58 11) and subject to availability.
- On the day of the visit, present a valid identity document (national identity card or passport only) for adults.
- Wear closed shoes and no heels (basketball or hiking type).
- From 12 years old.
Labeled Tourism and Handicap for the four deficiencies.
From 06/07 to 31/08.
Closed Saturday and Sunday.
Closed exceptionally on bank holidays.